Wild + Pine is a growing, fast paced company based in Edmonton that is looking to expand our team. Wild + Pine operates three different business units that each contribute to the regeneration of Canada’s natural landscapes and provide a high level of efficiency in the planning and execution of forestry projects.
- Wild + Pine Environmental Services division supports the reclamation and regeneration of disturbed sites throughout Western Canada.
- Wild + Pine Bioprism is our seedling production operation that doubles as a research and innovation facility. Bioprism utilizes advanced technology and vertical growing to revolutionize the production of tree seedlings.
- Wild + Pine Sustainability leverages our field and experience and forestry expertise to design and execute forest carbon projects. These projects provide holistic, Nature-based Solutions in support of voluntary and compliance based sustainability initiatives.
Your dedicated contributions to our three areas of business will help define our future success in helping Canada become a leader in sustainability.
Position: Greenhouse Technician I at Wild + Pine Bioprism
Location: Edmonton, AB
Term: January – December 2022 casual/part-time, with possibility of extension, can accommodate flexible schedule.
- Will report to the Head Grower and Management Team at Wild + Pine,
- Will work in all aspects of seedling propagation, growing and harvesting,
- Use fertigation system and procedures for maintaining crop,
- Apply preventative and proactive Integrated Pest Management techniques for healthy crop management,
- Follow proper seed handling and stratification practices,
- Collect and report crop data, and,
- Maintain an inventory of plants and supplies for the greenhouse operation.
- Ability to follow seeding and cultural requirements for a variety of plants,
- Prior horticulture, reclamation, forestry, or agriculture experience an asset,
- Willingness to continue your education and training in the horticulture practice area,
- Strong work ethic with a steep learning curve,
- Must be comfortable working independently,
- Computer/technology competency,
- Proficient and timely communicator,
- Valid class 5 driver’s license or equivalent,
- Safety orientated.
Wild + Pine staff are committed to providing an environment that fosters growth and development. Placing a high value on practical industry experience, Wild + Pine offers a competitive salary/benefits package. Wild + Pine is a Certified B Corporation that is committed to balancing people, planet, and profit. This position is currently part-time / casual, however, there is the opportunity for the position to become full-time as the Bioprism operations grow and expand, and/or if the applicant is willing to work in other areas of the business.
Qualified individuals are invited to apply. Submit your resume via email to email@example.com. Please ensure the job title is stated in the subject line.
Wild + Pine thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.